Free Community Health & Wellness Fair
The Public Employees Federation (PEF), in collaboration with community partners and sponsors, will host a free Community Health & Wellness Fair:
Saturday, April 29, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
at the Washington Armory,
195 Washington Avenue,
Albany, New York
The Health & Wellness fair is open to PEF members, retirees, PEF staff—and their family members, along with local community members and their families. All are welcome and encouraged to attend to learn what health and wellness services and support systems exist in the Capital District and who you can turn to for your short- and long-term health and wellness needs. Bring your entire family and learn about the many aspects of health and wellness, including intellectual, social, physical, spiritual, occupational, emotional, and environmental wellness. It’s a day to put your own well-being and the well-being of your family, first, and to learn what you need to do to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The day’s activities will include:
- Vendor tables
- Informational workshops
- Book fair
- Drawings for door prizes
- Free food samples
- A low-cost concession stand open to all
Community Participants include:
- Albany County Crime Victim & Sexual Violence Center
- Albany County Sheriff’s Office
- Albany Medical Center—Specialized Care
- Alchar Printing
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Be The Match
- Black Nurses Coalition, Inc.
- Cambridge Credit Counseling
- Capital District Center for Independence
- Capital District Chapter of the Coalition of Black Trade Unionists (CDCBTU)
- Care Patrol
- CEK RN Consulting, Inc.
- Chasing Health Inc.
- Consumer Directed Choices, Inc.
- Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee
- Hannaford Supermarket’s Healthy Living
- Hudson Valley Community College
- JCB Specialties
- Junior League of Albany
- Mind Body Soul Studio
- MVP Health Care
- National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI), Capital Region
- New York State Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision
- New York State Department of Health
- New York State Department of Health-Office of Cannabis Management
- New York State Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence
- New York State Office of Mental Health
- New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance
- New York State Office of the State Comptroller—New York State of the Comptroller—Unclaimed Funds
- Northeast Spine & Wellness
- PEF Membership Benefits Program
- PEF New York State Black Caucus
- PEF Women’s Committee
- Retro Fitness
- Safe Inc. of Schenectady
- Stacey Braun Associates, Inc.
- Strong Me! Inc./Dr. Janice Pride-Boone
- Sun Life
- What do you do if you are arrested?
Presented by: Eric Josey, CEO and Chief Consultant
Public Service Premier Consulting, LLC.
- Holistic Health Discussion
Presented by: Mind, Body & Soul Studio
- Talking the Talk
Presented by: Albany Medical Center
- Understanding Government Health Programs
Presented by: MVP
- Why Buy Legal?
Presented by: NYS Office of Cannabis Management
- Debt Counseling
Presented by: Cambridge Credit Counseling
Check back often as the listing of exhibitors, workshops, and entertainment providers will be continually updated.
Parking will be available in the Albany Armory parking lot as well as other off-street parking lots.
Interested in getting your COVID-19 vaccination while at the event?
To receive your 1st, 2nd or 3rd Moderna or Pfizer vaccine dose or a booster at the event, sign up in advance, using the form below.COVID-19 Vaccination/Booster