Prevent the Event!
HeartScan™ Services, Inc., a leader in preventative screening and wellness, focuses on awareness and early detection of heart disease, stroke, peripheral vascular disease, hypertension, abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA), and thyroid cancer. Their mission is to offer screenings to individuals who may not know they are at risk for these devastating diseases. They provide state of the art, non-invasive, preventive screening services to individuals who have the desire to learn more about their risk of a possible life-threatening condition.
The PEF Membership Benefits Program (PEF MBP) is excited to announce a limited-time offer to active, dues-paying PEF members. This offer is extended to the first 100 members who reach out to PEF MBP and qualify to participate in the five (5) screens. The regular price for the five (5) screens is $300. PEF MBP will contribute $150 per member, toward the total cost of the screening and the member will be responsible for paying the remaining $150. The member must pay his/her portion the day of their scheduled screening via credit card or cash. Retiree members are not eligible.
Screening package and pricing (Five screens for $300—member pays $150 and PEF MBP pays $150)
- Echocardiogram (Echo): An echocardiogram is a test that uses sound waves (no radiation exposure) to create a moving picture of the heart. It shows the function, size, shape, and movement of the heart muscle. This test can also show how the heart valves are working, how blood is flowing through your heart, and it evaluates the pumping action of the heart.
- Carotid Doppler (stroke risk): The major goal of a carotid ultrasound is to screen patients for blockage or narrowing of their carotid arteries which, if present, may increase their risk of a stroke.
- Thyroid Cancer (nodules): This test uses sound waves to determine if a nodule is solid or a fluid-filled cyst. (The risk of cancer is higher in solid nodules.) This test also monitors the growth of nodules, and it helps find nodules that are difficult to feel. Thyroid cancer is the fastest increasing cancer in the United States, top five for 9-11 responders, top five for women.
- Ankle-Brachial Index (ABI): ABI is a simple, reliable means for diagnosing PAD (peripheral arterial disease). Individuals with a high ankle-brachial index, are three to five times more likely to be at risk of heart attacks.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Screening: An abdominal ultrasound is a painless screening that can detect AAA, which is vital since most patients do not show symptoms. This test identifies an enlarged abdominal aorta, which may suggest the presence of an aneurysm. A ruptured AAA can cause blood loss, shock, and possible death.
Why get screened?
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the U.S. One (1) person dies every 36 seconds from cardiovascular disease.
- On average, one American dies from a stroke every 4 minutes.
- Thyroid cancer is recognized in the medical community as the fastest growing type of cancer in the U.S. today. It is a top five (5) cancer for women and top five (5) cancer for 9-11 responders.
- An Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA), if undetected, could cause blood loss, shock, and possible death.
Key features of the offer:
- This valuable screening is made available only through the HeartScan Services office located at:
3000 Hempstead Turnpike, Suite 417
Levittown NY 11756
- PEF MBP will pay $150 toward the total cost ($300) of your five (5) screens.
- This is a pilot program that will be available only to the first 100 active members who qualify to participate.
- HeartScan Services focuses on the prevention of disease, unlike any screening you would get in your annual physical.
How the program offer is structured:
- Be one of the first 100 active, dues-paying PEF members to complete the Preliminary Intake Form to determine if you qualify for this service.
- You must complete and submit the Preliminary Intake Form, via the button below, to PEF MBP who will review your form.
- If you qualify for the screening process, PEF MBP will provide your name and contact information directly to HeartScan. If you do not qualify for the screening, PEF MBP will contact you directly.
- HeartScan will contact you to set up your appointment for a screening, based on their office availability. You may ask any questions you have, at that time.
- You will be expected to travel to Levittown on your own, and at your own expense.
- You will be expected to pay for the balance of your screening service ($150) by cash or credit card the day of your visit.
- No preliminary information will be required of you, prior to your appointment.
- There is no diagnosis of a condition. This is a wellness screening only. If there is a finding, it is up to you to follow-up with your physician.
If you are interested in this limited-time opportunity, please complete and submit the Preliminary Intake Form. You will be contacted by a HeartScan representative if you are eligible and you will set up your appointment. If you are not eligible, you will receive a call from a PEF MBP representative.Intake Form
If you have questions about the limited-time offer, please call PEF MBP at (800) 342-4306, ext. 243, opt. 2.
For more information on the screening services, visit HeartScan, or download their brochure.HeartScan Brochure