About the Traffic Defense Rider
The Traffic Defense Rider is available for $30 per year to active, dues-paying PEF members and retirees who have purchased the basic Voluntary Legal Service Plan. The Traffic Defense Rider may be added at any time by the covered individual however, there is no proration of the additional fee when the Traffic Defense Rider is added at a later date during the covered individual’s Plan year. The Traffic Defense Rider includes the defense of any moving violation (moving violation is defined as any ticket that the conviction for which would result in points assessed on the member’s/retiree’s license).
Terms and conditions:
- The covered individual must be a holder of a valid New York State Driver’s license that is in good standing and not suspended or revoked at the time of issuance of the violation.
- The Traffic Defense Rider is limited in use to the covered individual (member/retiree).
- The Traffic Defense Rider is limited to coverage in New York State.
- The Traffic Defense Rider excludes any pre-existing tickets received by the covered individual prior to the acquisition of the Traffic Defense Rider.
- Does not include any violation that is answerable in Criminal Court.
How to Purchase the Traffic Defense Rider
You must purchase the Voluntary Legal Service Plan before you can purchase any one or all of the riders. Or, you may purchase the Voluntary Legal Service Plan and riders of your choice at the same time.
To purchase the Traffic Defense Rider by Visa, MasterCard or Discover:
1. Purchase online via the button below:Buy Now
2. Or, call (800) 342-4306, ext. 243, Opt. 1, to purchase by credit card over the phone.
To purchase the Traffic Defense Rider by check or money order:
Download the form below and mail it along with your payment to:
PEF Membership Benefits Program
10 Airline Drive
Albany, NY 12205