Davis Vision Discount Plan
- The new plan year is November 1, 2023, through October 31, 2024, and you may purchase this plan beginning November 2, 2023.
- If you have an immediate eye care need and you would still like to purchase the existing plan that expires, October 31, 2023, please call the PEF MBP office at (800) 767-1840, opt. 4, to speak to a PEF MBP staff member regarding your immediate need.
Healthy eyes and clear vision are an important part of your overall health and quality of life. The Davis Vision discount plan helps you care for your eyes while saving you money. The plan is available to active, dues-paying members of the PEF Retirees and their families. This plan is not included in the PEF Retiree dues payment. The plan must be purchased annually in order to take advantage of the discounts on a yearly basis.
2023-2024 Vision Plan Features
- More than 93,000 points of access across the U.S. Nearly 9,000 locations across the U.S. offering the Exclusive Collection of frames.
- A comprehensive eye exam, covered in full, during the 12 month time frame beginning November 1, 2023 through October 31, 2024.
- The purchase of spectacle lenses (standard single-vision, bifocal, trifocal, or lenticular) and standard/premium progressive lenses, are covered in full every 12 months.
- The purchase of frames from the Exclusive Collection (Fashion, Designer, or Premier) covered in full every 12 months.
- The purchase of contacts from the Exclusive Collection, in lieu of eyeglasses, covered in full every 12 months.
- $130 retail allowance toward any frame or contact lenses from a provider (not in the Exclusive Collection) plus an additional 20% off any balance due on frames or an additional 15% off any balance on contacts.
- Free breakage warranty—glasses are covered with the free, one-year breakage warranty. (Some limitations apply.)
- An out-of-network reimbursement is available and information is provided below.
To find an eye care professional, visit Davis Vision, scroll down and click on the “Find an Eye Care Professional”.
All active, dues-paying PEF retirees are eligible to participate in this plan.
2023-2024 plan options and pricing
The vision plan year begins November 1, 2023, and concludes October 31, 2024, regardless of when you purchase the plan during this time frame. There is a one-time cost regardless of when you purchase the plan. You do not receive a pro-rated plan price if you purchase any point after November 1, 2023. You must take advantage of the product and service offerings included with this plan by October 31, 2024. If you do not take advantage of the plan discounts for the eye exam and eyewear by October 31, 2024, no refund is issued. In addition, your plan purchase does not carry over to the next plan year (i.e., November 1, 2024 through October 31, 2025).
If you purchase the plan for the plan period of November 1, 2023, through October 31, 2024, you will receive a renewal letter from PEF Retirees prior to the plan’s expiration date. You may repurchase the plan for the following discount plan year, November 1, 2024 through October 31, 2025—if you are interested in doing so. Continual coverage is not required and repurchase is optional. The plan does not auto renew. It is not an insurance plan.
There are three plan options available to you:
- Retiree: $226.56
- Retiree Plus One: $388.44
- Retiree Plus Family: $591.00
You may elect to purchase a plan option that includes a spouse/domestic partner* and/or children. (i.e., the Retiree Plus One or Retiree Plus Family Plan). Dependent children are covered up to the end of the month in which they turn 19, unless a full-time student in which case dependents are covered up to the end of the month in which they turn 25. Disabled dependent children are eligible for coverage under the Plus One or Plus Family Plan as well. There is no age limit for disabled dependent children under the Davis Vision Discount Plan. You cannot add a spouse/spouse or dependent after you make your initial purchase, so be sure to select the most appropriate plan up front.*Domestic partners are eligible for coverage as long as there is an affidavit on file with PEF MBP. To receive a copy of an affidavit, please call PEF MBP at (800) 767-1840 or (518) 785-1900, ext. 243. Included in the total cost of your vision plan is a $24 fee charged by PEF Retirees for the administration of your policy/plan. This fee is not part of the premium rates charged by HM Life Insurance Company of the New York (HMLNY) and HMLNY does not receive any part of this fee.
Out-of-network reimbursement benefits
You may receive services from an out-of-network provider, although you will receive the greatest value and maximize your benefit dollars if you select a provider who participates in the network. If you choose an out-of-network provider, you must pay the provider directly for all changes and then submit a claim for reimbursement to: Vision Care Processing, P.O. Box 1525, Latham, NY 12110.
Out of network costs:
- Eye Examination: $40
- Trifocal Lenses: $80
- Frame: $50
- Lenticular Lenses: $100
- Single-Vision Lenses: $40
- Elective Contact Lenses: $105
- Bifocal/Progressive Lenses: $60
- Visually Required Contacts: $225
How to Purchase & Confirm the Plan
There are three (3) ways to purchase the vision discount plan:
- Use the Buy Now button below to select your plan option and make your purchase via a debit/credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover).
- Call PEF MBP at (800) 767-1840, opt. 4, or (518) 785-1900, ext. 243, opt. 4, and a PEF MBP representative will take your order over the phone. Your order must be paid for by a debit/credit card.
- Mail a check payable to the PEF Membership Benefits Program for the correct amount of your plan choice and mail to:
10 Airline Drive
Albany, NY 12205
You cannot pay for the vision discount plan via pension deduction. This is a single payment plan. There are no monthly payment options.Buy Now
Once you place your order, you will receive a Purchase Confirmation Letter from PEF MBP that includes instructions for confirming/validating your plan directly through Davis Vision. You must confirm/validate the plan before you can use it.
To confirm/validate your plan directly through Davis Vision:
- Three (3) business days after you purchase the plan, call Davis Vision at (844) 681-4498
- Select Option 1-“Currently Enrolled,” and then press 0 (zero) to speak with a customer service representative
- Provide the Davis Vision customer service representative with your:
- Membership Identification Number (MIN)
- Affiliation with the NYS PEF Retiree Vision Plan
- Your birth date (If this information is not yet on file, please request that Davis Vision update your information in their database.)
- If you purchased the Retiree Plus One or Retiree Plus Family plan, you will also need to provide the name(s) and date(s) of birth for your spouse/domestic partner and/or each family member.
Once you have confirmed/validated your plan, you will be in the Davis Vision Network and any Davis Vision/Visionworks Eye Center will be able to locate you in their system. You will also receive a Davis Vision Welcome Letter including: plan information, ID cards, and a local participating provider listing.
When setting up an eye care appointment, using your plan at a Davis Vision/Visionworks Eye Center, or when calling Davis Vision directly:
- Provide your PEF Membership Identification Number (MIN) located on your PEF Retiree ID Card.
Not yet a PEF Retiree Member?
- First year membership is FREE. Year two and thereafter, membership dues are only $36 annually via automatic pension deduction, or $41 annually when paying by check.
- Enrollment forms must be received and processed by the PEF Retirees prior to you purchasing the Davis Vision plan. Once your enrollment/renewal form and payment has been processed, you will receive a PEF Retiree Membership Identification card.
Download the Membership Enrollment or Renewal Pension Deduction Form. Use the same form if you are enrolling, but plan to enclose a check for your membership dues.
Call the PEF Retirees at (800) 342-4306, ext. 288, to request that an enrollment or renewal form be mailed to you.
For questions regarding this benefit, contact Davis Vision Customer Service at: (844) 681-4498 and mention your affiliation with NYS PEF Retiree Vision Plan, or visit them directly online.