Davis Vision Discount Plan
Healthy eyes and clear vision are an important part of your overall health and quality of life. The Davis Vision discount plan helps you care for your eyes while saving you money. The plan is available to active, dues-paying members of the PEF Retirees and their families. This plan is not included in the PEF Retiree dues payment. The plan must be purchased annually in order to take advantage of the discounts on a yearly basis.
2020-2021 Vision Plan Features
- More than 93,000 points of access across the U.S. Nearly 9,000 locations across the U.S. offering the Exclusive Collection of frames.
- A comprehensive eye exam, covered in full, during the 12 month time frame beginning 11/1/2019 through 10/31/2020.
- The purchase of either spectacle lenses (standard single-vision, bifocal, trifocal or lenticular and standard/premium progressive lenses), covered in full every 12 months.
- The purchase of frames from the Exclusive Collection (Fashion, Designer, or Premier) covered in full every 12 months.
- The purchase of contacts from the Exclusive Collection, in lieu of eyeglasses, covered in full every 12 months.
- $130 retail allowance toward any frame or contact lenses from a provider (not in the Exclusive Collection) plus an additional 20% off any balance due on frames or an additional 15% off any balance on contacts.
- Free breakage warranty—glasses are covered with the free, one-year breakage warranty. (Some limitations apply.)
- An out-of-network reimbursement is available and information is provided below.
Find a participating doctor
(Use Client Code: 2395)
All active, dues-paying PEF retirees are eligible to participate in this plan.
2020-2021 plan options and pricing
The vision plan year begins November 1, 2020, and concludes October 31, 2021, regardless of when you purchase the plan during this time frame. You must take advantage of the product and service offerings included with this plan by October 31, 2021. If you purchase the plan for the plan period of November 1, 2020, through October 31, 2021, you will receive a renewal letter from PEF Retirees a few weeks prior to November 1, 2021, reminding you to repurchase the plan for the next plan year, November 1, 2021 through October 31, 2022—if you are interested in doing so. Repurchase is optional. The plan does not auto renew. It is not an insurance plan.
There are three plan options available to you:
- Retiree: $204.24
- Retiree plus One*: $348.36
- Retiree plus Family*: $528.60
Included in the total cost of your vision plan is a $24 fee charged by PEF Retirees for the administration of your policy/plan. This fee is not part of the premium rates charged by HM Life Insurance Company of the New York (HMLNY) and HMLNY does not receive any part of this fee.
Out-of-network reimbursement benefits
You may receive services from an out-of-network provider, although you will receive the greatest value and maximize your benefit dollars if you select a provider who participates in the network. If you choose an out-of-network provider, you must pay the provider directly for all changes and then submit a claim for reimbursement to: Vision Care Processing, P.O. Box 1525, Latham, NY 12110.
**Out of network costs:
- Eye Examination: $40
- Trifocal Lenses: $80
- Frame: $50
- Lenticular Lenses: $100
- Single-Vision Lenses: $40
- Elective Contact Lenses: $105
- Bifocal/Progressive Lenses: $60
- Visually Required Contacts: $225
How to Purchase & Confirm the Plan
- Use the Buy Now button below to select your plan option and make your purchase.
- You will receive a Purchase Confirmation Letter including instructions for confirming your plan directly through Davis Vision. You must confirm the plan before you can use it.
To confirm your plan directly through Davis Vision:
- Three (3) business days after you purchase the plan, contact Davis Vision Customer Service at (844) 681-4498 and reference Client Code: 2395.
- Provide Davis Vision Customer Service with your Membership Identification Number (MIN), name, and date of birth. If this information is not yet on file, please request that Davis Vision update your information in their database.
- If you purchased the Retiree Plus One or Retiree Plus Family plan, you will also need to provide the name(s) and date(s) of birth for your spouse and/or each family member.
- Once you have confirmed your plan, you will receive a Vision Packet including: plan information, ID cards, and a provider listing for your area.
- To access your plan offerings, you will need to provide your PEF Membership Identification Number (MIN) located on your PEF Retiree ID Card, when calling Davis Vision Customer Service directly or when making an appointment with the eye care provider.
- Renewal notices are mailed to existing program participants the last month of the plan year (October 2020).
Not yet a PEF Retiree Member?
- First year membership is FREE (if you retired after April 2006). Year two and thereafter, membership dues are only $36 annually via automatic pension deduction, or $41 annually when paying by check.
- If you retired prior to April 2006, membership dues are $36 every year via automatic pension deduction, or $41 annually if paying by check.
- Enrollment forms must be received and processed by the PEF Retirees prior to you purchasing the Davis Vision plan. Once your enrollment/renewal form and payment has been processed, you will receive a PEF Retiree Membership Identification card.
Download the Membership Enrollment or Renewal Pension Deduction Form. Use the same form if you are enrolling, but plan to enclose a check for your membership dues.
Call the PEF Retirees at (800) 342-4306, ext. 288, to request that an enrollment or renewal form be mailed to you.
For questions regarding this benefit, contact Davis Vision Customer Service at: (844) 681-4498, or visit them directly online and enter Client Code: 2395.Davis Vision Reference Library