Plan Your Financial Future Today
A financial planner is someone who helps you manage your finances, so that your money is working as hard as it possibly can for you. They can help put you on the right path for a more financially secure future. Financial planners advise individuals on how to best save, invest, and grow their money. They can also help with a specific financial goal—such as preparing to buy a house, how to save for the college education of children, and how to prepare for retirement or estate planning. Financial planning benefits people at all life stages, not just those approaching retirement.
Financial Planning & Credit Counseling Features
Many financial planners charge a fee for their services, but as an active, dues-paying PEF member or retiree, you’re entitled to:
- A free, annual, one-hour, personal consultation and comprehensive financial overview (Significant others and immediate family members are welcome to attend.)
- Expert financial advice provided by a Stacey Braun Associates’ Certified Financial PlannerTM, or Registered Investment Provider, who can help you plan your financial future.
- A written summary of financial issues and a detailed review and recommendations for your current situation.
- Access to the password protected Stacey Braun Associates website featuring financial planning tips, informative financial information, calculators, an email help desk, other valuable resources, as well as a toll-free phone number, (888) 949-1925, to access answers to many financial questions you may have.
What You Gain By Working With a Financial Planner
By meeting with a financial planner annually, you will:
- Define and set realistic financial and personal goals for yourself and your family.
- Assess your current financial health by examining your assets, liabilities, income, insurance, taxes, investments, and estate plan.
- Develop a realistic, comprehensive plan to meet your financial goals by addressing financial weaknesses and building on financial strengths.
- Put your plan into action and monitor its progress annually, or when you experience a life-changing event.
- Find new ways to maximize your money.
- Identify risks you hadn’t thought of.
- Stay on track to meet changing goals, changing personal circumstances, changing stages of your life, changing products, and markets and tax laws.
- Live more comfortably.
- Build more wealth.
When you take advantage of the Financial Planning and Credit Counseling services made available through Stacey Braun Associates, Inc., you get unbiased, objective advice only; no investment or insurance products are sold. Depending on your unique situation, the planner might recommend that you speak with a credit counseling expert. This benefit is available through Money Management International and includes a confidential discussion with a Money Management Credit Counselor who can provide advice and guidance regarding financial hardship. Credit Counseling sessions are free to represented PEF members and retirees. However, if you enter into a debt management plan with Money Management International, monthly fees will apply.
Financial Planning Topics For Your Consultation
You may specify the topic(s) you would like to discuss when you set up your appointment. Topics for consideration include:
- Retirement planning
- Debt management/budgeting
- Investment planning (i.e., deferred compensation)
- Tax planning
- Estate/inheritance planning
- Elder care analysis/survivor planning
- Education funding (529 plans, student loans, etc.)
- Student Loan Debt
- Life, disability, long-term care insurance
- Financial “second opinion”
- Any other financial topic you may like to discuss
See what a fellow PEF member had to say about their experience utilizing the Stacey Braun financial planning consultation.Joseph Battista’s Retirement Planning Experience Dianne Ham’s Investment Planning Experience
Set Up Your First Appointment Today
- Call Stacey Braun Associates toll-free at (888) 949-1925 or,
- Email Stacey Braun directly, or
- Visit the Stacey Braun website and use the following log-in and password:
- Log-in: nypef
- Password: finance
- If you would like a Stacey Braun representative to call you to schedule an appointment, complete the appointment card.
Annual consultations can take place via telephone, Zoom, web video, or in person.**Temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.
Footnotes, Additional Details & DisclaimersAbout Stacey Braun Associates, Inc.:
Stacey Braun Associates, Inc. was founded in 1977 for the primary purpose of providing asset management services to labor-management pension funds, union and corporate organizations, as well as individuals.
In 2001, Stacey Braun introduced the Financial Planning Division in response to a need for objective programs that would help the employees and union members of their institutional clients better comprehend their personal finances and help them attain their financial goals. A founding concept is that these services are offered in an unbiased fashion and without sales pressure. Today, Stacey Braun Associates, Inc. offers financial planning programs to over 600,000 participants in the tri-state area.
In addition, Stacey Braun supports the PEF Membership Benefits Program by providing educational seminars and webinars for PEF members/retirees on a variety of financial planning topics.
About Money Management International:
Money Management International is the largest full service, non-profit, consumer credit counseling organization in the nation. They offer a variety of financial counseling and educational services, including debt and budget counseling, student loan counseling, foreclosure counseling, bankruptcy education, and more.