As an active, dues-paying PEF member or retiree, you can take advantage of discounts on Southwest Airlines, through our affiliation with the American Federation of Teachers (AFT).
About Southwest Airlines Discounts Through AFT
PEF members and retirees who register to take advantage of AFT benefits, can receive discounts on flights through AFT’s SWABIZ® account. Discounts include:
- 8% on Business Select® fares
- 6% on Anytime fares
- 3% on select Wanna Get Away® fares
This benefit offer is only valid if you, first register to take advantage of the benefits at AFT, or if you’re already registered.
Follow the steps below to register on the AFT website. You will need:
- Your AFT ID/Member Number: NY462720569
- Your Local Union Number:
- Active members: 04053
- Retiree members: 4053R
- Go to the AFT member login page. (If you are already an AFT member, simply login. If not yet a member, you will need to create an account.)
- If you know your AFT Member ID (located on your AFT Membership Card), click on Create an AFT Account and complete the form. Once done, proceed to Step 7 below.
- If you do not know your member ID, click on What’s My Member Number. Fill in your Local Union Number (provided above) and your last name.
- The system will present you with possible matches. If you see your email on the list, click on your email and the system will automatically send your Member ID to your email.
- If you do not see your email address on the list, send a message to AFT membership and request your ID, or complete the online form.
- Once you receive your Member ID, go back to the Registration login page to create your account. It is recommended that you use your personal email to register.
- After registering, login on the login page.
- Take advantage of the offer through the AFT website.
To print out the step-by-step instructions above, download the How to Register PDF below.
How to register Login or create your account Visit AFT to learn more