As an active, dues-paying PEF member or retiree, you can take advantage of discounts on Southwest Airlines, through our affiliation with the American Federation of Teachers (AFT).
About Southwest Airlines Discounts Through AFT
PEF members and retirees who register to take advantage of AFT benefits, can receive discounts on flights through AFT’s SWABIZ® account. Discounts include:
- 8% on Business Select® fares
- 6% on Anytime fares
- 3% on select Wanna Get Away® fares
This benefit offer is only valid if you, first register to take advantage of the benefits at AFT, or if you’re already registered.
Follow the steps below to register on the AFT website.
If you are not yet registered (do not have an account) and you do not have your AFT ID/Member Number:
- Complete the online form. (You will need to provide your first and last name, middle initial, employer name, mailing address, city, state, zip, and personal email address.) For the employer name, please enter the Public Employees Federation.
- Once the form has been submitted, you can expect to receive an email from AFT, at the email address you provided, within 2-3 hours. The email will include your AFT ID/Member Number.
- Once you receive your AFT ID/Member Number, you will be able to register directly on the AFT website via the Registration login page.
If you already know your AFT ID/Member Number, but you have not created an account, simply proceed to the Registration login page and click, Create an Account.
If you have already registered by creating an account, simply proceed to the login page and enter your email address and password to login.
Once you have created your account you can take advantage of the offer through the AFT website.
Login or create your account Visit AFT to learn more