As an active, dues-paying PEF member or retiree, you can take advantage of discounts on DinnerTime, through our affiliation with the American Federation of Teachers (AFT).
Serve up some stress-free happiness at your dinner table. DinnerTime is an incredibly powerful meal planning solution, built to satisfy your tastes, your budget, and your lifestyle. DinnerTime makes it amazingly simple and affordable to plan, prepare, and enjoy customized meals with family and friends at the dinner table. If you are working on diet resolutions, DinnerTime is a powerful meal planning and shopping web application/site that can help by suggesting menus with recipes that meet your dietary goals. An average family of four saves $100 a month.
Save money with a meal plan that uses on-sale ingredients
You’ll get a meal plan based on your personal, family, or household profile as well as what’s on sale at your grocery store. And DinnerTime accommodates everyone’s dietary goals and restrictions, so it’s easier on the person who has to get dinner on the table.
Get an automated and interactive shopping list
Your auto-generated, on-sale-savvy shopping list is customized for your preferred store and sorted by aisle or section. Integration with grocery delivery services (coming soon) will free up even more time.
Save time on meal preparation
Whether it’s 15 minutes or an hour, DinnerTime runs on your time. You define your time-to-table preparation and cooking preferences and you’ll get exceptional recipes with realistic time frames based on your schedule.
How it works
- Answer a few questions
- DinnerTime creates a personalize meal plan for you
- Shop for ingredients and save!
You’ll get delicious recipes (automatically using on-sale ingredients at your selected grocery store) that fit your personal preferences.
About the DinnerTime Benefit through AFT
PEF members and retirees receive:
- A free month trial on behalf of AFT and DinnerTime
- A subscription to the service for $5.99/month or pay just $59 for an annual subscription
- Subscriptions can be cancelled at any time
Save time and money and enjoy delicious, healthy meals the whole family will love.
This benefit offer is only valid if you, first register to take advantage of the benefits, or if you’re already registered.
Follow the steps below to register on the AFT website. You will need:
- Your AFT ID/Member Number: NY462720569
- Your Local Union Number:
- Active members: 04053
- Retiree members: 4053R
- Go to the AFT member login page. (If you are already an AFT member, simply login. If not yet a member, you will need to create an account.)
- If you know your AFT Member ID (located on your AFT Membership Card), click on Create an AFT Account and complete the form. Once done, proceed to Step 7 below.
- If you do not know your member ID, click on What’s My Member Number. Fill in your Local Union Number (provided above) and your last name.
- The system will present you with possible matches. If you see your email on the list, click on your email and the system will automatically send your Member ID to your email.
- If you do not see your email address on the list, send a message to AFT membership and request your ID, or complete the online form.
- Once you receive your Member ID, go back to the Registration login page to create your account. It is recommended that you use your personal email to register.
- After registering, login on the login page.
- Take advantage of the offer through the AFT website.
To print out the step-by-step instructions above, download the How to Register PDF below.
How to register Login or create your account Visit AFT to learn more