As an active, dues-paying PEF member or retiree, you can take advantage of discounts on DinnerTime, through our affiliation with the American Federation of Teachers (AFT).
Serve up some stress-free happiness at your dinner table. DinnerTime is an incredibly powerful meal planning solution, built to satisfy your tastes, your budget, and your lifestyle. DinnerTime makes it amazingly simple and affordable to plan, prepare, and enjoy customized meals with family and friends at the dinner table. If you are working on diet resolutions, DinnerTime is a powerful meal planning and shopping web application/site that can help by suggesting menus with recipes that meet your dietary goals. An average family of four saves $100 a month.
Save money with a meal plan that uses on-sale ingredients
You’ll get a meal plan based on your personal, family, or household profile as well as what’s on sale at your grocery store. And DinnerTime accommodates everyone’s dietary goals and restrictions, so it’s easier on the person who has to get dinner on the table.
Get an automated and interactive shopping list
Your auto-generated, on-sale-savvy shopping list is customized for your preferred store and sorted by aisle or section. Integration with grocery delivery services (coming soon) will free up even more time.
Save time on meal preparation
Whether it’s 15 minutes or an hour, DinnerTime runs on your time. You define your time-to-table preparation and cooking preferences and you’ll get exceptional recipes with realistic time frames based on your schedule.
How it works
- Answer a few questions
- DinnerTime creates a personalize meal plan for you
- Shop for ingredients and save!
You’ll get delicious recipes (automatically using on-sale ingredients at your selected grocery store) that fit your personal preferences.
About the DinnerTime Benefit through AFT
PEF members and retirees receive:
- A free month trial on behalf of AFT and DinnerTime
- A subscription to the service for $5.99/month or pay just $59 for an annual subscription
- Subscriptions can be cancelled at any time
Save time and money and enjoy delicious, healthy meals the whole family will love.
This benefit offer is only valid if you, first register to take advantage of the benefits, or if you’re already registered.
Follow the steps below to register on the AFT website.
If you are not yet registered (do not have an account) and you do not have your AFT ID/Member Number:
- Complete the online form. (You will need to provide your first and last name, middle initial, employer name, mailing address, city, state, zip, and personal email address.) For the employer name, please enter the Public Employees Federation.
- Once the form has been submitted, you can expect to receive an email from AFT, at the email address you provided, within 2-3 hours. The email will include your AFT ID/Member Number.
- Once you receive your AFT ID/Member Number, you will be able to register directly on the AFT website via the Registration login page.
If you already know your AFT ID/Member Number, but you have not created an account, simply proceed to the Registration login page and click, Create an Account.
If you have already registered by creating an account, simply proceed to the login page and enter your email address and password to login
If you need to look up your AFT ID number that you were provided after setting up an account, simply proceed to the Member Lookup page and input your local union number as 04053, then input your last name, and click on lookup. You will then see an option to send your AFT member information to your email. Once received you can proceed to the login page.
Once you have created your account you can take advantage of the offer through the AFT website.Login or create your account Visit AFT to learn more