NASW New York State Chapter
You may be eligible to be reimbursed for your NASW membership through the PEF Educational Benefit Program.
Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services Unit employees are represented by the Public Employees Federation, AFL–CIO (PEF). Article 15 of the New York State/PEF Collective Bargaining Agreement establishes the Professional Development Committee—the PDC—as a joint Labor-Management Committee, and provides funding in each of the contract years to address professional development issues. The PDC meets to review, approve, and fund programs addressing the professional development needs of PEF-represented employees.
How to Get Your Membership in NASW for Free
1) Join today, online, or over the phone by calling (800) 742-4089.
Your receipt for membership will be sent to the email address you list as your preferred email. Keep a copy of your receipt for your record.
2) Take a free continuing education webinar.
As a member of NASW, you can register to take the current NASW offering: Trauma and Youth in Foster Care—Self-Study.
- Visit NASW NYS.
- You will receive a confirmation email proving the course was free. Keep this email for reimbursement.
- At the conclusion of the webinar, complete the course quiz.
- You will receive your CE certificate within two (2) business days of the completion of the course quiz.
- Page 2 of your certificate will indicate your course was free, and it will include program information.
3) Submit your paperwork for reimbursement.
PEF-represented employees may apply for reimbursement for qualifying expenses incurred for educational events that begin during the time period January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2022 under the Workshop and Seminar Reimbursement (WSR) Program. Applications for courses or events that began on or after January 1, 2020, and ended prior to December 1, 2021, must be submitted by March 1, 2022.
- Complete the Workshop and Seminar Reimbursement (WSR) application. Guidelines are provided below for your information.
- Submit the necessary documents including:
- The receipt you received when you joined NASW.
- The course information email indicating that the course was free, and include the details on the course content.
- Your CE certificate.