The NSC Traditional Defensive Driving Course
PEF MBP makes every attempt to schedule in-person classes in regions that can support the National Safety Council classroom requirements.
As in-person classes are scheduled, they are listed on the National Safety Council website where registration for classes take place. Currently, proof of vaccination is not required and mask wearing is optional. Please be advised that vaccination and mask wearing mandates may change at any time based on CDC guidelines.
2023 Class Offerings:
3/25: New York City
4/15: Long Island
Registration open.View Class Locations & Dates
How to register:
- Register for your course through the National Safety Council’s registration page.
- The classroom price is $25.50.
- If registering more than one person, enter the additional name(s) in the box provided and change the quantity to the number of people attending, and hit “Add to Cart”.
- Select “checkout” and complete your purchase.
- PLEASE NOTE: There are no refunds if you cancel within 24 hours of a class. There are no refunds if you miss your scheduled class.
2. Or, call the National Safety Council at (518) 438-2365 to register for a class.
3. If the in-person classroom course is full and closed to registration, you may add your name to the waitlist.
- The waitlist link will be displayed with any scheduled classroom course that is noted as full.
- Use the waitlist code PAY$LATER to avoid paying for class while on the waitlist.
- Waitlist registrants will be contacted by the National Safety Council if a seat opens up and payment will be due at that time.
Footnotes, Additional Details & Disclaimers
To host an in-person class, the class must have 20 registrants. If the class you are registering for does not have 20 registrants at least one week prior to the class, you will receive a class cancellation notice by phone. You will need to register for another class or you may register to take the online course.
For Inclement Weather Conditions: If you are registered for a class and there is inclement weather, you will be contacted directly by the National Safety Council, by phone, if the class is being cancelled. The NSC will make phone calls beginning at noon, the day prior to a class, if there are plans to cancel. If you have not received notification, the class is being hosted as scheduled. If you receive notification that the class is cancelled, you may contact the NSC directly for a refund of your money, or to register for another upcoming course.