Open Competitive & Promotional Exams
PEF members can apply for reimbursement of both New York State Open Competitive Exams and Promotional Exams. To qualify, you must:
- Be an active, dues-paying member of PEF at the time of the exam AND at the time the application is received by PEF Membership Benefits Program (PEF MBP).
- Provide a copy of the exam mark notification to verify that a passing mark/grade is received. Only exams receiving a passing mark/grade will be reimbursed. The exam mark notification is your test score sent to you by NYS Civil Service. To be eligible for reimbursement, you MUST include your score notification, along with the exam reimbursement application.
- Applications for reimbursement must be submitted within one (1) year of the exam date.
- Only Promotional Exams taken after 2010 will be considered for reimbursement.
- The PEF MBP will pay no more than:
- $30,000 aggregate, per calendar year for Open Competitive Exams.
- $45,000 aggregate, per calendar year for Promotional/Transitional Exams.
To Submit for Reimbursement
- Download and complete the reimbursement form.
- Email those forms, along with your exam mark notification to PEF MBP.
Members may request reimbursement for exams by downloading the application and mailing it to:
PEF Membership Benefits Program
10 Airline Drive
Albany, NY 12205
To receive a reimbursement application by mail, call (800) 342-4306, ext. 243, option 2. Return the application to PEF MBP at the address above.