Open Competitive & Promotional Exams
PEF members can apply for reimbursement of both New York State Open Competitive Exams and Promotional Exams. To qualify, you must:
- Be an active, dues-paying member of PEF at the time of the exam AND at the time the application is received by PEF MBP.
- Provide a copy of the exam mark/grade to verify that a passing mark/grade is received. Only exams receiving a passing mark/grade will be reimbursed.
- Applications for reimbursement must be submitted within 60 days of your receipt of the exam mark/grade notification from NYS Civil Service.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Only Promotional Exams taken after 2010 will be considered for reimbursement.Exam Fee Reimbursement FAQs
To Submit for Reimbursement
- Download and complete the reimbursement form
- Email those forms, along with supporting documentation to PEF MBP
Members may request reimbursement for exams by downloading the application and mailing it to:
PEF Membership Benefits Program
10 Airline Drive
Albany, NY 12205
To receive a reimbursement application by mail, call (800) 342-4306, ext. 243, option 2. Return the application to PEF MBP at the address above.