Retirement Planning—October 4, 2022, 6:00 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
According to one recent report, 64% of Americans will retire with only $10,000 in their retirement accounts. While that might sound like a significant amount now, it’s not nearly enough to live on once you stop working. It’s never too late to start planning and here are 6 reasons why planning is important:
- Stay on top of inflation as it can negatively affect the value of the money that you’ve saved.
- More than 80% of Americans don’t know how much they’ll need to retire comfortably one day.
- Stress levels peak around 15 years after retirement and during this time, 76% of retirees will experience some type of distress, due to anxiety over money.
- You can make better-informed decisions now.
- Save for future healthcare needs as someone who is 65 today has a 70% chance of needing some type of long-term care in the future.
- There are steps you can take today to lower the amount of income tax you’ll pay in retirement.
If you start planning for retirement early, the better off your finances will be in the future.
Attend this seminar and learn to:
- Define retirement in both qualitative and quantitative terms
- Understand ways your income and expenses might change in retirement
- Understand the timing and taxation of income from various sources in retirement
- Make a financial roadmap of decisions and changes you may wish to make in the final phase of your career
- Understand the significance of your pension election choice
- Consider taxes, investments, insurance, estate planning, and even where you live, from the standpoint of a retiree and identify strategies and resources to set the stage for a more comfortable retirement