Webinar Available for On-Demand Viewing
Value of Trusts
Presented by Feldman, Kramer & Monaco, P.C., provider of the Voluntary Legal Service Plan benefit
Presenter: Steve Kramer
Trusts typically come into the Estate Planning process for individuals who have over $200,000 in assets, including homeowners. Trusts can be crucial tools for parents who may need control over how their assets are distributed to their children. They can be beneficial for other reasons as well.
Here are 8 reasons to consider a Trust:
- Trusts can avoid probate—lengthy, and costly court proceedings
- Certain Trusts help reduce and in some cases, eliminate estate taxes
- Trusts provide more control over your assets that Wills cannot provide, like how and when your assets will be distributed.
- Trusts are relatively low maintenance, needing to be updated only after new life events.
- Trusts can protect your loves ones in worst case scenarios—in the event you are unable to make decisions near the end of your life or you become incapacitated.
- The structure of Trusts can assist children with special needs.
- Complex assets can be properly divided using Trusts.
- Trusts ensure everyone in your family is taken care of.
This on-demand recording will discuss how trusts operate and why it’s such a useful estate planning tool. There are many types of trusts to consider, each designed to help achieve a specific goal. This on-demand recording can help you determine which type (or types) of trusts may be appropriate for you.View recording ⇒