Retirement Planning—March 22, 2023, 6:00 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
Presented by Stacey Braun Associates, Inc., provider of the Financial Planning benefit
Presenters: Gerry McGahran, David Bonington
Many people feel there are not enough hours in the day to tackle one of the most important decisions in their lives. Lack of time and feeling overwhelmed are two primary reasons many people hesitate to begin their financial plans for retirement.
Here are 9 reasons why retirement planning is important:
- You don’t know what you don’t know. There are many factors that can impact your ability to maintain financial security.
- Money problems are a major source of stress which can take a toll on your physical health.
- Retirement is a period when taxes can destroy a major part of your income and savings if you’re not careful.
- With a plan in place, you can be more confident making life decisions that can have an impact on your finances.
- Money issues are a leading cause of divorce. Planning in advance will help you to maintain a healthy relationship with your spouse.
- If you have to leave work before your expected retirement age, you’ll be in a better position with a plan in place.
- You won’t have to worry about being a burden to your kids.
- You’ll have the resources you need to do the things you want to do during retirement.
- It can help you to avoid running out of money.
Attend this webinar and learn to:
- Define retirement in both qualitative and quantitative terms
- Understand ways your income and expenses might change in retirement
- Understand the timing and taxation of income from various sources in retirement
- Make a financial roadmap of decisions and changes you may wish to make in the final phase of your career
- Understand the significance of your pension election choice
- Consider taxes, investments, insurance, estate planning, and even where you live, from the standpoint of a retiree and identify strategies and resources to set the stage for a more comfortable retirement
It’s never too early to start planning for a financially secure future. If you’re nearing retirement, there are dozens of strategies available to help you make the most of your next 25 years.
The Retirement Planning webinar is now full. An on-demand recording will be available 24-48 hours following the live webinar. Check back then.