Accident Advantage Insurance
The PEF Membership Benefits Program offers active, dues-paying PEF members the opportunity to take advantage of the Accident Advantage Insurance* through Aflac. This plan is available to members through payroll deduction.
The Accident Advantage Insurance is a 24-hour accident-only insurance that pays a set benefit amount per covered occurrence. The impact of an unexpected accident on your finances due to lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses associated with the accident, as well as household expenditures, can be reduced with proper insurance.
Be prepared for life’s unexpected mishaps
Accidents can happen at any time. You could suffer an accidental injury while you are working around the house or walking into work. Or your child may get injured at basketball practice. When an accident happens, it can be costly. Even with major medical insurance, there may be out-of-pocket expenses that you’ll have to pay. In the event of an unexpected injury, Aflac can help protect your personal finances. Aflac provides PEF members and families affordable insurance that helps with expenses that may not be covered by major medical insurance. Aflac pays cash benefits directly to you (unless otherwise assigned), so you can use the cash for anything you want. Which means uncovered medical expenses won’t break the bank if you are injured.
Cash benefits received
Receive cash benefits for these and other expenses that may not be fully covered by your major medical insurance:*
- Fractures, dislocations, lacerations, concussions, burns, emergency dental work, eye injuries, and surgical procedures
- Initial treatment, X-rays, major diagnostic exams, and follow-up treatments
- Physical, speech, and occupational therapy
- Daily hospitalization benefits payable for hospital stays, and additional daily benefits paid for stays in a hospital intensive care unit.
Key Benefits of Plan
- No deductibles and no copayments
- No lifetime limit—your policy will not terminate based on number or dollar amount of claims paid
- No network restrictions—you choose your own medical treatment provider
- No coordination of benefits—Aflac pays regardless of any other insurance
For detailed information about policies, limitations, and exclusions:Accident Insurance Brochure Insurance Rate Sheet
Aflac pays cash benefits directly to you, unless you choose otherwise—providing additional financial resources to help with expenses incurred due to an injury or illness, ongoing living expenses, or for any purpose that you choose. Aflac enables you to better control your situation and provide for your family in a time of need.
Who to Contact
- For claims: (800) 366-3436
- For questions or to enroll:
- Call Antonette (Toni) Wojeski at (518) 669-2349 or,
- Email Antonette directly
Footnotes, Additional Details & Disclaimers*Benefits are paid directly to you, your estate, or your named beneficiary, unless you assign them to a third-party or the law otherwise requires us to pay a third-party.
This is a brief product overview only. Coverage may not be available in all states, including but not limited to ID, NJ, NM, NY, or VA. Benefits/premium rates may vary based on plan selected. Plans and riders have limitations and exclusions that may affect benefits payable. Plans may also contain a waiting period. Refer to the exact plans for benefit details, definitions, limitations and exclusions. For group coverage, please see coverage documentation applicable to your situs state for further details.
View complete disclosure in the Accident Indemnity brochure.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a disability insurance and is not intended to replace disability insurance.