Pets are family. Protect them like family with customized affordable pet insurance from Liberty Mutual and the PEF Membership Benefits Program.
Pet insurance can help your pet get the best veterinary care available when they need it by reducing the financial burden of unexpected medical costs due to illness or injuries. Plus, preventative wellness options could help you stay ahead of any potential issues altogether.
Why Choose Pet Insurance?
Whether you have a pet today or you’re planning to get one, there are several reasons to consider purchasing pet insurance.
- One in three pets needs unexpected veterinary care every year.1
- The cost of veterinary care has more than doubled in the past decade.2
- Every six (6) seconds, a pet parent is handed a bill for more than $3,000.3
- Veterinary medicine is advancing with more specialists and treatment options available.
Key Plan Features
Your pet is eligible for enrollment between the age ranges represented below:
- Dogs: age 8 weeks to 12 years of age
- Cats: age 8 weeks to 14 years of age
- Multiple pets
PEF members and retirees are automatically eligible for a group discount of up to 10%. Additional discounts available include:
- Multi-Pet: 2 pets at 5% and 3+ pets at 10%
- Multi-Policy: 10%
- Military: 5%
Reimbursement is based on actual cost of care, not on a usual and customary basis.
- Pre-existing conditions
- Organ & tissue transplants
- Professional or commercial use
- Unlawful acts
- Experimental & investigations
Policies are auto-renewed annually and pre-existing conditions are reviewed at time of the claim.
Choose the Coverage That is Right for You
Liberty Mutual Insurance offers customizable policies so you only pay for what you need. With multiple policy options plus the ability to select reimbursement payout, deductible, and annual maximum for your needs and budget, you can always get the best policy to protect your pet and your wallet. Select from the following coverage options:
- Accidental injuries (including injuries to permanent teeth)
- Euthanasia or anesthesia
- Cremation and burial expenses
- Ingestion of a foreign object (up to two (2) treatments per policy year)
- Accidental death
Accident & Illness
Receive everything under the Accident Policy, plus:
- Illnesses (e.g., cancer, influenza, and kennel cough)
- Alternative medicine
- Behavioral therapy
- Hereditary and congenital conditions
Accident, Illness & Wellness
Receive everything covered under the Accident & Illness Policy, plus fixed payment amounts for the following (not subject to deductible and annual maximum):
- Wellness exams
- Intestinal deworming
- Routine dental cleaning
- Flea and tick prevention
- Heartworm tests and medication
- Dietary food and supplements
- Prescription medications
- Boosters and vaccinations
Select coverage to meet your needs and budget
With Liberty Mutual Pet Insurance, you have the option to select the right levels for the following items, that help you meet your personal needs and budget:
- Reimbursement: 70%, 80%, or 90%
- Deductible: $250, $500, or $1,000
- Annual Maximum: $5,000, $10,000, or $15,000
Why choose Liberty Mutual pet insurance
- Customized coverage: Customized coverages so you only pay for what you need
- Flexibility: The flexibility to use any vet
- Experience: Claims handlers with a wealth of experience
- Lifetime coverage: Your policy will not be automatically terminated due to old age
- Customer focus: A simple and easy experience from quote to claim
- Discounts: Stackable discounts that can save you up to 20%
- Fees: No monthly transaction or administration fees
How to EnrollVisit Liberty Mutual
Or call (844) 250-9199 and use promo code PEFMBP to apply your discount.
Once you enroll, you will receive an email confirmation and an invitation to sign up for the online customer portal. The portal allows you to view policy information, submit and track claims, make payments, contact your veterinarian, update your contact information, add a pet, and much more.
Additional Information, Footnotes & Disclaimers1American Pet Products Association, 2018. 2American Veterinary Medical Association, 2019. 3PetPlan, 2017.
Pre-existing conditions are not covered. Waiting periods, deductibles, benefit limits, and exclusions may apply. For all policy terms, limitations, and conditions, please visit Liberty Mutual. Wellness coverage reimbursements are based on a schedule. Products, rates, and discounts may vary by state and are subject to change.
Products are underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its subsidiaries or affiliates, 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116 and administered by C&F Insurance Agency, Inc. (NPN3974227), a Crum and Forster company. C&F and Crum and Forster are registered trademarks of the United States Fire Insurance Company.
©2020 Liberty Mutual Insurance