Become a PEF Member
Who can join?
As a New York State employee, working in the PS&T Unit, you have the opportunity to join the New York State Public Employees Federation (PEF). As a member of PEF, you will have a voice on the job and in the community. PEF, the union for PS&T Unit employees, advocates for the work you do because your work protects and improves the quality of life for all New Yorkers.Join PEF
PEF Member Benefits
Be represented by PEF regarding these workplace issues
- Negotiating a contract that secures respectful salary advances and protects other hard-fought terms and conditions of employment
- Protecting merit and fitness in hiring under Civil Service Law – as well as the many other such rights that state workers take for granted under Civil Law
- Protecting your pension rights under the law and the State Constitution
- Fighting the contracting out and de-institutionalizing of your work
- Filing grievances when management abuses its power
- Fighting all forms of discrimination in the workplace
Participate in contract ratification and other union matters
- Vote on the contracts that affect your rights on the job, your negotiated health benefits, and other quality-of-life issues.
Take advantage of PEF’s unified voice in New York State government and federal political arenas
- Your union dues gives you a voice on the job and in the community.
Run for PEF office
- Ensure that the needs and concerns of your co-workers are heard and acted upon.
Being a part of the union is about your salary, health and pension benefits, job protection, equal pay for equal work, and more.
Additional Benefits Provided by PEF MBP
- Insurance Protection (Group Term Life, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Auto/Home/Renters Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Accident Indemnity, and Cancer Care Insurance)
- Legal Benefits (Legal Defense Benefit, Discharge of Official Weapon, Justice Center, Voluntary Legal Service Plan, and more)
- Financial Planning & Credit Counseling Services (free, annual, 1-hour, personal, financial planning consultations with a Certified Financial Planner)
- Educational Benefits (free educational seminars, free college benefit to earn an online associate degree or certificate, defensive driving courses, exam fee reimbursement, and more)
- Everyday Discounts (for movie tickets, theme parks, water parks, sporting events, performing arts events, ski resort tickets, attractions, as well as retail and restaurant gift cards)
Your PEF dues are never used to fund the benefits provided by the PEF Membership Benefits Program. The PEF Membership Benefits Program is a self-funded Trust supported by careful investment of insurance reserves and administrative fees collected from endorsed insurance plan providers.
Become a member today!
A union’s strength comes from the unity and integrity of its members.
Not sure if you’re a member?
1. Look on your pay stub to see if there is a deduction for PEF union dues.
2. Or, call the PEF Membership Benefits Program at (800) 342-4306 or (518) 785-1900, ext. 243, to find out.