Webinar Available for On-Demand Viewing
Elder Law & Asset Protection
Presenter: Steve Kramer
Elder Law & Asset Protection will teach you how you can best protect your home and assets in the event that you or a loved one needs long-term care, either in a nursing home, or at home. The high cost of long-term care has made elder law and estate planning an important issue for all PEF members and their families. Proper and timely planning can help avoid financial ruin often associated with long-term care costs. This webinar focuses on the essential estate planning documents such as a Last Will and Testament, Power of Attorney, Living Will, and Health Care Proxy. Strategies to minimize estate taxes, avoid probate, Medicaid eligibility requirements, the Medicaid look-back period, home care options, veterans benefits, and strategies to protect one’s home—are also discussed. You will learn about:
- Power of Attorney and why it is such an important, powerful, and necessary planning tool.
- Spousal Refusal and why a healthy spouse should not run out of money caring for the ill spouse.
- Homecare Medicaid eligibility rules and how it’s possible to keep your loved one at home, with homecare and how not to run out of money.
- Income or pension trust and how one can protect assets as well as one’s income including a pension, social security, or while receiving Medicaid homecare benefits.
- Veterans benefits and the eligibility requirements.
- Trusts and how to protect your most valuable asset, your home.