About the Upcoming Fair
The Public Employees Federation (PEF), in collaboration with the American Federation of Teachers (AFT), the PEF Membership Benefits Program (PEF MBP), community partners, and sponsors, will host the 2nd annual book fair and health & wellness fair:
Saturday, April 27, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
at the Washington Armory,
195 Washington Avenue,
Albany, New York
Admission to the fair is free and it’s open to the local community as well as to PEF members, retirees, PEF staff—and their family members. All are welcome and encouraged to attend to learn what health and wellness services and support systems exist in the Capital District and who you can turn to for your short- and long-term health and wellness needs. Bring your entire family and learn about the many aspects of health and wellness, including intellectual, social, physical, spiritual, occupational, emotional, and environmental wellness. It’s a day to put your own well-being, and the well-being of your family first, and to learn what you need to do to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Over 2,000 attendees benefited from last year’s event!
The day’s activities will include:
- 20,000 children’s books free to attendees
- Low-cost concession stand
2024 Community Participants include:
- Albany Community Action Partnership
- Albany County Crime Victim and Sexual Violence Center
- Albany County Department for Children, Youth, and Families
- Albany County Sheriff’s Office
- Anderson Center for Autism
- Black Nurses Coalition
- Broadview FCU
- Capital District CBTU
- Capital District Transportation Authority
- CEK RN Consulting, Inc.
- Chasing Health Inc.
- Consumer Directed Choices, Inc.
- JCB Specialties
- Mind Body Soul Health and Fitness
- NAMI Capital Region
- New York State Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee
- New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision
- New York State Department of Health
- New York State Department of Public Service
- New York State Department of Taxation and Finance
- New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities
- New York State Office of Cannabis Management
- New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control
- New York State Office of Mental Health
- New York State Office of the State Comptroller—Unclaimed Funds
- New York State Police
- Planet Fitness
- Safe Inc. of Schenectady
- The Alchar Printing Group
- Workforce Development Institute
More coming soon!
Demonstrations will be listed below as they are confirmed.
Check back often as the list of demonstrations will be updated as they are confirmed.
Parking will be street parking or possible off-street parking lots. CDTA transportation may be available as well. More information will be provided in the near future.
Interested in Exhibiting or Know Someone Who Might Be?
Complete our online reservation form.