Identity Fraud Expense Coverage
Your identity is your life. Now you can protect it for as little as 7 cents a day. Each year millions of people lose thousands of dollars due to identity theft and spend hundreds of hours trying to clear their name. Liberty Mutual’s Identity Theft InsuranceTM1 will pay for expenses and provide access to a Resolution Specialist to help you recover your stolen identity. Just add it to your home, condo, or renters policy.
For as little as 7 cents a day
Liberty Mutual’s Identity Theft Insurance provides up to $15,000 per occurrence, and $30,000 per policy period2 to cover certain expenses incurred when recovering your identity resulting from a covered claim.
Get expert assistance with every step
Restoring your identity and credit can be daunting. The experienced counselors at Liberty Mutual’s Identity Fraud Crisis Resolution Center guide you step-by-step throughout the entire process. They will:
- Serve as the liaison between you and your creditors
- Immediately notify the three national credit bureaus: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian
- Obtain a 3-in-1 credit report with information from each bureau
- Provide a year of credit monitoring from the date of the first report
- Educate you on ways to prevent identity theft from recurring: Breach Assist, Phish Assist, Social Media Compromise Assist, Email Compromise Assist & System Protection Guidance, and Assisted Living Fraud Support
Why Choose Liberty Mutual?
- With Liberty Mutual, you will work with a dedicated insurance agent who is an advocate in your corner
- You will receive all the coverage you need—and nothing you do not need
- Liberty Mutual has been helping people like you for more than 100 years and they are a Fortune 100 company that is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company*
How it Works
Identity Fraud Expense Coverage applies to NY home, condo, and renters policies.
- Identity Fraud (ID Fraud ) is an optional coverage that provides $15,000 per occurrence and $30,000 for incurred expenses resulting from a covered claim.
- Coverage must be added to the primary home.
- Any act or series of acts committed by any one person is considered one ID Fraud act, even if continuing into a subsequent policy period.
- For coverage benefits to apply, members must report the claim and submit receipts, bills, or records supporting the loss. In addition, losses paid under this endorsement are subject to qualified claim rules.
- Cost for notarizing affidavits
- Costs for certified mail
- Employer-documented lost wages at a maximum of $500 per week, up to four (4) weeks
- Loan application fees for re-applying for loans when originally rejected due to covered ID Fraud
- Reasonable attorney fees:
- Defense lawsuits against merchant or collection agencies
- Removal of wrongly entered criminal or civil judgements
- Challenging information in a consumer credit report
- Charges for long distance phone calls to report or discuss an actual ID Fraud
- Includes identity-related tax fraud occurrences
- Loss arising from business pursuits
- Expenses incurred due to any fraudulent, dishonest, or criminal act by any one of the following:
- The member
- The person acting in concert with the member
- Any authorized representative of the member, whether acting alone or in collusion with others
- Loss other than expenses as shown in Covered Expenses
Premium & Deductible:
- $25 annual premium, $30 annual premium in CT
- $250 deductible
Preventive & Restorative Services (included with ID Fraud Expense coverage at no cost):
- Access to a Resolution Specialist
- Proactive measures to implement fraud alerts
- Child ID theft protection
- Assistance with fraudulent marital status changes
- Tax-related fraud assistance
- Military fraud alerts
- Medical fraud alerts, including correcting members’ treatment files
- Recovery of lost or stolen ID while traveling
- Fraud protection while moving, and access to bank and accounts during a move
- Fraud alerts to prevent thieves from accessing personal data
- Assistance with ID and document replacement after a disaster
- Assistance with debt tagging and updating incorrect debt entries related to ID theft
- Protection for deceased’s personal information
Contact Liberty Mutual
- Call (800) 734-6796
- Visit www.libertymutual.com/pefmbp
- For a free coverage review and no-obligation quote, call (888) 747-2146.
24/7 claims assistance
Liberty Mutual’s dedicated team is always available to give you all the attention your claim demands. Call (800)-2CLAIMS, or make a claim online.
Footnotes, Additional Details & Disclaimers*A.M. Best Rating Services, 2022.
1 Pricing and coverage limits may vary by state.
2Optional coverage. Deductible applies. Subject to terms and conditions provided in your policy.
3Coverage limit for employer-documented lost wages is $500/week for a maximum of four weeks.
Coverage provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance and its affiliates, 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116 USA. Equal Housing Insurer. ©2021 Liberty Mutual Insurance 13030216