What you need to know about PEF MBP Shred Days
The PEF Membership Benefits Program has obtained approval from the appropriate facilities, authorizing PEF MBP to host the shred event in a manner that provides for the safety and social distancing of members/retirees attending.
The PEF MBP location has sufficient space to safely allow for drive-through shredding, so that members/retirees do not need to exit their vehicle and can adhere to enforced social distancing measures.
PEF MBP staff and Shred staff will have their own adequate supply of Personal Protective Equipment at the event.
Please Note: The buildings will be closed where the shredding events take place and no members/retirees should enter the building during the events.
All Shred staff to member/retiree interaction, except for the controlled removal of boxes/bags from the trunks of vehicles, should be touchless, and members/retirees should never come within six (6) feet of the bins, trucks, or personnel.
- All Shred and PEF MBP employees, as well as members and retirees, must maintain a distance of at least 6 feet apart.
- All participants at the shredding event, must wear a mask at all times.
- There must be NO physical contact with others such as handshakes.
- Those who appear to be sick or those who have any COVID-19 symptoms, will not be permitted at the event.
- PEF MBP staff and Shred staff must attest that they are not ill and have no symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19.
- No PEF MBP staff will touch or operate the shredder.
- All members/retirees must put their shredding materials in the trunk of their vehicle or in the back of their truck before their arrival to the facility. Members/retirees should not exit their vehicle while in the shredding service queue.
- After you have completed your shredding, you may park your car and visit the MBP/PEF table if parking and traffic conditions permit.