Request the Presence of a PEF MBP Representative at Your Next Meeting or Special Event
Scheduling a PEF Membership Benefits Program representative to be present at your next event to conduct a formal presentation, staff a table, or both, is very easy! Simply use the appropriate button below to access the online event request form to request a representative to support your needs.
Important points to keep in mind before you schedule
- We cannot guarantee our presence at a meeting, fair, etc., if we receive the form request with less than 30 days advance notice.
- Not all events are conducive to a presentation. Presentations are not available for fairs, holiday parties, picnics, outings, or any other event where members are not sitting as a captive audience.
- Invite a PEF MBP representative to present to your members at your membership meeting, and PEF MBP will reimburse your division $2.00 per participant to help cover the cost of food served. Required presentation time is 10-15 minutes.
Please note: Due the unpredictable nature of our current health crisis, all COVID protocols and travel policies are subject to change at any time, without advance notice. Currently, PEF MBP is traveling to agencies and facilities to staff tables and conduct presentations. However, travel may cease at any time and previously booked events may need to be canceled based on CDC public health guidelines and recommendations.
Schedule a Presentation or a Table
Once your request is received, it will be reviewed and you will be notified as to whether or not a PEF MBP representative will be able to attend your event.
For more information on New Member Orientations, Membership Meetings, or the staffing of a PEF MBP table at your upcoming event, please contact Elaine Carpenter at (518) 785-1900, ext. 356, or email PEF MBP.
Request a Meeting in a Box
If you are unable to do an in-person meeting, or if PEF MBP is not able to attend your meeting, you can request a Meeting in a Box. A Meeting in a Box includes PEF MBP bags stuffed with PEF MBP benefit brochures and giveaways, one for each attendee. To request a Meeting in a Box, please contact Elaine Carpenter at (518) 785-1900, ext. 356, or email PEF MBP.
Types of Events PEF MBP Representatives Attend
New member orientations
A PEF MBP representative can conduct a presentation for your newly hired PS&T unit staff members, educating staff on no cost benefits, valuable insurance benefits, and more.
- New Member Enrollment Kits are used during these presentations. PEF MBP will supply these kits if your facility/agency does not have stock on hand.
- New Member Orientations should be scheduled as soon as possible following a PS&T Unit hiring due to the fact that:
- New hires have only 240 days from their date of hire to enroll in the valuable insurance benefits (Group Term Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability) with no medical questions asked.
- After the 240-day period, PEF members are still eligible to enroll, however, they must complete and submit an Evidence of Insurability (EOI) form with their insurance enrollment form.
- New York State Employees are not provided with a disability insurance benefit, so providing the opportunity to enroll within 240 days, with no medical questions asked, is a very valuable benefit offering.
PEF MBP has developed an MBP Overview powerpoint presentation for your use if you are implementing your own new member orientation.MBP Powerpoint
A PEF MBP representative is available to conduct a PEF MBP presentation, and/or staff a table with PEF MBP educational information and giveaways. PEF MBP presenters cover topics such as:
- General information about the PEF Membership Benefits Program
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Legal Service Plan
- Financial Planning & Credit Counseling
- Modified Open Enrollment (when available)
The presentation requirements include:
- A minimum of a 10-15 minute presentation for a captive audience.
- Sign-in sheets for members to record attendance. Member sign-in sheets must be submitted to PEF MBP for review and approval (MIN verification). You may give your sign-in sheets to the PEF MBP representative at your meeting, or email your sheets following your event. PEF will be reimbursed on the division’s behalf and PEF will deposit monies into the division’s account.
Tables at information days, vendors days, EAP fairs, picnics & holiday parties
PEF MBP can attend your event and staff a table complete with PEF MBP educational materials and giveaways. These types of events are not conducive to presentations.
Meeting Options When COVID Restrictions are in Place
New Member Orientation and Membership Meeting Virtual Options
Option #1: Recorded Webinar:
The recorded webinar is available on-demand and accessible from a desktop, laptop, tablet, and even a mobile device, 24/7. To access the New Member Orientation Webinar, simply share the link below with your new hires or non-members; They must register to gain access.View now
Option #2: A Live New Member Orientation Via Zoom
To schedule a live New Member Orientation delivered by the Zoom platform, please contact Elaine Carpenter at (518) 785-1900, ext. 356, or email PEF MBP. To schedule, simply provide us with the date and time that you would like PEF MBP to host a live Zoom, New Member Orientation, and we will check our calendar and rep availability. We will confirm a date and time and send a meeting invitation to you to share with your new hires or we can send the Zoom meeting invitation direct to your new hires if we are provided with the new hire email addresses.